GMB’s are a powerful tool for all local businesses. However, I see a common mistake with a lot of users. I’ve outlined a few things below that may help your business.
- Treat your GMB like a social media platform – At the end of the day Google wants you to interact with their platform more. Consistently upload posts, videos, updates, offers etc.
- Keep Your Information Updated – Google puts the USER first, not you. So if an angry customer reports your business as closed when you had your business hours set as open you’ll start to get quality control emails from Google.
- Get your basics set-up – This includes setting up your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) to be exactly the same as on your website
- Citations – Based on my experience, citations seem to play a larger role in the ranking of your GMB instead of your organic website ranking
- Copy The Best – Competitors ranking higher than you? Invest in some SEO software that will allow you to get a better idea of what your competition is doing.
- Patience – SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. It’s the cumulation of doing a lot of things right. Then compounded into a force that will rank you to the top. Do not, fall into the trap of “quick ranking” by buying your way to the top
I know a lot of people are probably hurting during this time of quarantine and social distancing. However, now is probably one of the best times to work on your SEO. There are more eyes than ever on the computer. Ensure you do the right things to get your brand to the top!